Research at ESIEE Paris
Research, a central role in developing and structuring the school’s courses
ESIEE Paris research is anchored at Université Gustave Eiffel and structured around three themes: Sustainable City - Health - Innovation in Society.
Research and innovation at ESIEE Paris, key figures in video format (in french)
ESIEE Paris carries out research at three CNRS laboratories, where faculty members work to develop their area of study.
It is based on the skills of Université Gustave Eiffel teams and reference technology platforms:
- Micro-technology clean rooms of 650 m2 (category 100) to create and prototype micro-sensors in connection with the environment and health
- Virtual reality for developing synthesis and image processing algorithms
- Embedded systems for the study of real-time multi-sensor systems
- Microwave and photonic frequencies for the design and test of RF and optical circuits
- Database analysis supporting the Cortext digital platform
It is supported by national and international bodies that fund the research sphere:
European Research Council (ERC) Excellent Science program:
- Neurodiam, using diamonds for the neuronal implants of the future
- H2020 European programme: Proteus, developing a multi-sensor water analysis platform for the benefit of all
- ERDF Urban Innovative Actions (UIA) European programme: OASIS, transforming school yards into cooling islands and redefining their uses
- National Research Agency (ANR) programmes: the ADDS project, developing future algorithms for massive data processing, the ZERROUATE project, studying micro-sources of energy using MEMS structures, and more...
As an engineering school, ESIEE Paris has strong ties with the corporate world, with many partnerships in place to develop innovative products that respond to industrial needs:
- I-site Future project (Initiative-Science-Innovation-Territory-Economy): E3S, creating a Smart, Energy-Efficient and Secure eco-district, in partnership with the EIFFAGE Group
- Partnership with Akka around fuel cells, to facilitate their use in the energy mix
- Partnership with Thales to fund a CIFRE thesis scholarship to develop intelligent adaptive networks
- Development with technology transfer acceleration company Erganeo: projects for the maturation and creation of start-ups in connection with research projects from ESIEE Paris faculty members, etc.
This award was presented by the Lumen Prize for Art and Technology at a ceremony in London on the 19 th of October 2023.
A partnership agreement to promote collaborations in the fields of training and research.
On Thursday the 16th of March 2023, Olivier Français was elected as the school’s new Dean of faculty by the entire ESIEE...
Back to the top of the page