Renewable energy and energy efficiency engineer programme
ESIEE Paris offers a specialization in renewable energy and energy efficiency within its engineering programme during the last two years of the course, accredited by the engineering titles commission (CTI).
Bac +5 master's degree
Why should I become a renewable energy and energy efficiency engineer?
The program trains engineers to be capable of meeting the challenges of climate change and the energy transition by transforming supply (decarbonization of the energy mix, increased use of renewable energies) and controlling demand (energy sobriety and efficiency) in their technological, economic, and regulatory dimensions, with particular attention to digital tools (modeling, simulation, optimization, connected objects, data processing) and their implementation at different scales (building, neighborhood, city, etc.)
To build knowledge of the energy context of the 21st century and its challenges (energy, climate)
To master the methods, techniques and tools of energy efficiency, particularly in the building sector
To master the main technologies for decarbonizing the energy mix (renewable energies, energy recovery, energy storage, etc.)
Examples of applications
- Energy renovation of buildings,
- Energy audit
- Development of renewable parks
- Renewable energy production
- Reduction of carbon impact
- Intelligent energy management, eco-districts...
Professions / Positions
- Consulting engineer
- Business engineer
- R&D engineer
- Energy efficiency engineer
- Energy network operations engineer
- Project manager in renewable energies
- Building energy design engineer (design office)
- Public works
- Energy Manager
Sectors of activity
- Energy producers / suppliers (production and services)
- Energy transport and distribution network managers (electricity networks, heating networks)
- Energy and thermal engineering firms (energy efficiency of buildings) (thermal engineering firm...)
- Developers and operators of renewable energy parks, (developers of renewable energy parks)
- Energy services companies
EDFEngieEnedisEolfi VDM (Vents du Nord)CitronSetecCollectivité territorialesERG FranceUni-ClimaQovoltis RozoSolarhona (CNR : Compagnie Nationale du Rhône)GreenflexEgisAlbiomaSolaire RéunionTotalEnergies ...
of the young graduates found their first job within 6 month after of graduating (promo 2021)
of our students even found a contract before the end of their training
42 072 €
is the average annual gross salary (France and International)
At the end of the first year of the engineering cycle, students choose their field of study. The course of study is spread over two years with compulsory and optional scientific and technical courses, management courses and modern languages.
2nd year of the engineering cycle
The courses take place over two semesters, each one subdivided into two periods. The first semester consists of two teaching periods. The second semester is made up of one teaching period and an internship period of at least 12 weeks. From January to April, students must work in teams on multidisciplinary projects proposed by industrial partners, laboratories or ESIEE Paris teachers. All students may take optional modern language 2 courses.
- UE - Advanced science and technology (330 h - 27 ECTS)
- UE - Open science and technology (90 h - 10 ECTS)
- UE - Management and human sciences (120 h - 7 ECTS)
- UE - Modern languages (76 h - 4 ECTS)
- Internship (12 ECTS)
3rd year of the engineering cycle
The courses take place over in two semesters. The first semester consists of two teaching periods. In the second semester, the student must complete an end-of-studies internship of at least 24 weeks (6 months) in a company or research laboratory.
- UE - Advanced science and technology (180 h - 18 ECTS)
- UE - Open science and technology (60 h - 5 ECTS)
- UE - Management and human sciences (90 h - 5 ECTS)
- UE - Modern languages (42 h - 4 ECTS)
- Internship (30 ECTS)
Back to the top of the page